1. I used to be a draughtswoman
2. While out of work as a draughtswoman (in the 70’s) I signed up for a government run, computer programming course but got a job again before the course started.
3. I’ve been married once, for 10 years, then lived with my partner for 22 years.
4. I have 4 children, 2 by each “husband” between the ages of 26 and 36, and a 9 month old grand daughter, all of whom I adore.
5. I have an IQ of 139, but since hitting menopause, the hardest part of an IQ test is the very first question …. (Name?)
6. I, at least once every day miss my mum. (she died 5 years ago, next week) I have never really missed my dad who died 8 years ago this week
7. The last time I fell in love was 4 years ago, it ended last year ( I was still in love!)
8. Joining the mile high club, is still on my to do list.
9. 95% of my friends are male. My best friend is gay.
10. I like living alone, and keep reminding my kids that, when they come to stay for ….. a month or so
11. I learned to dive when I was 47, and became an Instructor when I was 51.
12. I never wanted to be a grandmother, I thought it would make me feel old, I was right, but wouldn’t change it for a second.
13. I hate that getting older, has slowed me down, both physically and mentally.
14. I suffer from IBS, which gives me pain during the night, consequently I haven’t slept properly for months.
15. I am what my ex calls a “know all”
16. I hate people thinking bad of me.
17. I have been good friends with all my lovers, and in most cases still am.
18. I now work part time in Tescos express. (a mini mart for my American friends)
19. I lived in Australia for 3 years with my first husband.
20. Favourite TV shows are Stargate, and Atlantis, 24, ER, Medium, Scrubs, Buffy, Friends. Anything about the world.
21. I like a drink and Red and white wine is the favourite tipple.
22. I smoke
23. I like to cook
24. I read science fiction, favourite author Isaac Asimov and Terry Pratchett
25. I have a boyfriend who stays every Friday.
When I thought about doing this, I thought it’d be really hard, it wasn’t, what was hard was what not to put in!
(26. after I’ve published a blog I alway think of something else to say!